Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Useful things

Success Story from a Narconon student



“Things come to mind that I can have easily because I believe now that things are precious and need to be appreciated. It is now harder for me to throw away things. When I was using I threw away people, my career, my relationships and my dignity. Those are all very precious things that I did not appreciate but now I realize the significance of each of those things in my life and I intend on having them again.



There is a metal rack in the course room that really is serving no purpose. We’ve danced around it for days saying we could have it or we could let it remain in place. Just then I realized that I have not seen it put into use since I’ve been here. It sits there on the shelf taking up space. So now I’ve decided that the metal rack serves no purpose in this room so I can get rid of it. This relates to my life because how I have the tools and abilities to be able to distinguish between things in my life that are useful and positive influences and the things that are not reparable, replaceable or simply not useful.



This will help me further my sobriety throughout the rest of my life because I am no longer walking around with my blinders on and my mind is no longer clouded with junk.”





I get to see wins like this every day. Whether it is cocaine, pot, methamphetamine, oxycontin or other drugs, I am helping others to overcome their addiction.



Narconon is 877-413-3073. We are the New Life Program

NARCONON OF GA

No comments: